Michael N. Loebl
Michael N. Loebl BiographyPrint This Page
Mike Loebl is a partner with Fulcher Hagler LLP, which he joined in 2001 following a clerkship with the Honorable W. Leon Barfield, United States Magistrate Judge for the Southern District of Georgia. In 1997, Mike graduated from the University of Georgia with a B.A. in Philosophy (Summa Cum Laude), earning his law degree from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2000 (Magna Cum Laude).
As a member of the State Bars of Georgia and South Carolina, Mike’s litigation-orientated practice primarily involves the representation of commercial and individual defendants embroiled in civil litigation, although he also enjoys and solicits Criminal Justice Act and other appointments from federal trial and appellate courts.
Among other bar-related pursuits, Mike presently serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of Georgia Legal Services Program, a state-wide nonprofit law firm providing civil legal services to low-income Georgians. Further, Mike is thrilled to serve as a Trustee of the Eleventh Circuit Historical Society, a private, nonprofit organization which records the history of the courts of the Eleventh Circuit and of the judges who have served these courts.
When he is not working, Mike enjoys spending time with his many nephews and nieces, hiking in national and state parks, camping, imitating Bear Grylls, running, bicycling, training for triathlons, participating in shooting sports, reading about the U.S. Supreme Court and the federal circuit courts of appeal—and eating lots of pizza.
- O’Neal v. Kenny, 579 F.3d 915 (8th Cir. 2009)
- Alba v. Montford, 517 F.3d 1249 (11th Cir. 2008)
- Krupa v. Landsafe, Inc., 514 F.3d 1153 (11th Cir. 2008)
- Ferreira v. Secretary for the Dep’t of Corrs., 494 F.3d 1286 (11th Cir. 2007) (on remand from the U.S. Supreme Court)
- United States v. Douglas, 489 F.3d 1117 (11th Cir. 2007)
- Dunn v. CSX Transp., Inc., 183 Fed. Appx. 867 (11th Cir. June 7, 2006)
- Boxer X v. Harris, 437 F.3d 1107 (11th Cir.), reh’g en banc denied, 459 F.3d 1114 (11th Cir. 2006)
- GIW Industries, Inc. v. Jerpeg Contracting, Inc., 530 F. Supp. 2d 1323 (S.D. Ga. 2008)
- Hatcher v. Family Dollar Stores of Ga., Inc., 280 Ga. App. 191, 633 S.E.2d 568 (Ct. App. 2006)
- In re Care and Treatment of Corley, 365 S.C. 252, 616 S.E.2d 441 (Ct. App. 2005)
- Murphy v. McCaughey, 262 Ga. App. 570, 586 S.E.2d 16 (Ct. App. 2003)
- Sheppard v. CSX Transp., Inc., 78 Fed. Appx. 878 (Oct. 27, 2003).
- Augusta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- South Carolina Bar
- Young Lawyers of Augusta
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Parishioner, St. Mary on the Hill Catholic Church
- Board, Georgia Legal Service Program
- Vice President, Georgia Legal Service Program Executive Committee
- Richmond County (GA) Community Emergency Response Team Member
- Savannah Bay Homeowners Association, Board of Directors