Robert C. Hagler
Robert C. Hagler BiographyPrint This Page
Mr. Hagler advises individual and corporate clients on business, real estate, financial and family matters. He has expertise in corporate and business law, contracts, leases, banking, public financing, and fiduciary matters. He is a seasoned litigator in state and federal courts with a broad range of experience involving contracts, probate disputes, family disputes, stockbroker fraud, banking, commercial collection, and real estate. Mr. Hagler has assisted clients in the acquisition and sale of businesses and the purchase and development of real estate. He has advised clients on the leasing and financing of manufacturing facilities, hotels, shopping centers, distribution centers, supply houses, retail chain stores, apartment complexes, and other commercial businesses and properties. He routinely negotiates and drafts buy/sell agreements, long-term commercial leases, multinational contracts, confidentiality agreements, employment contracts, and contracts with governmental entities, such as the City of Augusta. Since 2011, Mr. Hagler has served as attorney for The Augusta Economic Development Authority, a governmental entity formed to create and retain jobs in Augusta.
Mr. Hagler is active in the Georgia Bar Association, having served on committees, such as the Review Panel for the Ethics Committee. He is past chairman of the Golden Harvest Food Bank and is on the board of the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Hagler is married to Mary Louise Capers Hagler and they have two children. He and his family are members of Saint Mary’s On-The-Hill Catholic Church.
- Aames Funding Corp. V. Henderson, 275 Ga. App. 323 (Georgia Court of Appeals 2005)
- Deas v. Oppenheimer, et al., 2006 WL 1360108, No. 05-02458 (N. A. S. D. 2006)
- Damages in a Churning Case: How to Compensate for Milk That has Been Skimmed Before it was Spilt
- Bloomberg Law Reports: Securities Arbitration, Nov. 2006, at 1, 15-16
- Basics of Stock Broker Fraud and Abuse, ICLE Georgia Seminar, February 2007
- Augusta Bar Association
- State Bar Disciplinary Board, 1990 – 1993
- American Bar Association
- Chairman, Golden Harvest Food Bank
- Board of Directors, Augusta Chamber of Commerce